Sidmouth bowlers find form
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies were the opposition in a friendly match which the Sidmouth ladies were only able to win on one of the three rinks. However, thanks to the team of Kay Lipscombe, Jill Lewis, Pat Harvie and skip Rita Daw, the home side came out the overall winners by 49-41, write Marian and Maurice Watson.
In the county Lane competition against Kingsley wins were recorded on both home rinks but the two played at Westward Ho! both lost.
Once again an outstanding result by the most successful home rink, Margot Beauchamp, Christa Turner, Adelina Constable and skip Dreda Taylor enabled Sidmouth to win the game.
Against Madeira in the Foxlands competition the ladies were less successful winning one rink which was played away; that team comprised Jean Brimson, Beryl Sparkes, Evelyn Clements and skip Eileen Hewett.
The men also played Madeira in the County Trophy Over-60s with a similar result, winning one of the away rinks. The successful team were Robert Cartlidge, Jack Richardson, John Mason and skip Bob Seldon.
You may also want to watch:
Two mixed friendly matches provided two wins. Three triples teams travelled to Torquay and won 56-48, the best team being Anita Mason, Peter Bates and Ron Cook.
In a home game against Feniton the result was 61-50; the most successful rink was Ray Tallent, Elaine Reed, Ken Tolley and skip Eileen Hewett.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way