Sidmouth bowlers' great escape
The Great Escape is the only way to describe Sidmouth B squad s win over ISCA A .
The Great Escape is the only way to describe Sidmouth B squad's win over ISCA A in the over-60s league last week.
After eight ends, we were losing 14 shots to NIL but, after the 18 ends that are played in a triples match, we won 17-15. ISCA managed just one shot in the last 10 ends. All bowlers will appreciate just what it takes to achieve this result, so well done the rink of B Smith, B Mortimer, J White.
On the other rink, in a close, game P Mison, P Clements,B Daniels won 14-12.
An overall win and eight points in the bag. Sidmouth A squad were looking forward to the game against Heavitree A for they were facing a team with Mike Smith, a former Sidmouth bowler, against them.
You may also want to watch:
Mike had completely dominated the match at Heavitree earlier in the season but, on his return to Sidmouth it was not to be his day, well not this time anyway. Sidmouth won on both rinks 36-21: A Holland, N Brimson, B Seldon 21-7; K Bridgman, J Mason, P Wilson, 15-14.
The C squad are finding life a burden on the bowls green at present.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
Starting the season well in the first few games, they have not had a result for five games and are in danger of relegation. Let's see what we can do over the last four matches.
At Cullompton, in a re-arranged match, rain halted proceedings at the opportune moment when Sidmouth had completed 12 ends, just enough played for the result to stand - Sidmouth lost overall, but had two points for the one winning rink.
The following day Sidmouth were well beaten by Okehampton: R Stubbs, W Turner, R Knights 7-24; J Wrench, M Daw, J Richardson 13-15.