Sidmouth bowlers in fine win over Midsomer Norton side
- Credit: Archant
The first Sunday of July brought a coach of day-trippers to Sidmouth for an afternoon of bowls, writes Susie Bonnell.
The visitors, Prattens Bowling Club, from Midsomer Norton, fielded six rinks.
They arrived mid-morning, enjoyed Sidmouth’s warm hospitality in the shops, pubs and cafes, to spend a wonderful afternoon bowling in super sunshine and gentle breezes. Tea was taken at half-time (no cream tea this time as they had booked in to a well known Sidmouth Inn on the A3052 for a carvery on the way home!) - and the club bar was very well supported!
Once again, it was a good day’s bowling for everyone, with Sidmouth winning on five of the six rinks.
The top scoring rink for Sidmouth was played by skip, Susie Bonnell and her team, Phil Meadows, Derek Mountord and Janet Thomson.
You may also want to watch:
We’ve had some perfect bowling weather lately - let’s hope that continues and brings Sidmouth bowlers good fortune.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank