Sidmouth bowlers in fine win over Midsomer Norton side
- Credit: Archant
The first Sunday of July brought a coach of day-trippers to Sidmouth for an afternoon of bowls, writes Susie Bonnell.
The visitors, Prattens Bowling Club, from Midsomer Norton, fielded six rinks.
They arrived mid-morning, enjoyed Sidmouth’s warm hospitality in the shops, pubs and cafes, to spend a wonderful afternoon bowling in super sunshine and gentle breezes. Tea was taken at half-time (no cream tea this time as they had booked in to a well known Sidmouth Inn on the A3052 for a carvery on the way home!) - and the club bar was very well supported!
Once again, it was a good day’s bowling for everyone, with Sidmouth winning on five of the six rinks.
The top scoring rink for Sidmouth was played by skip, Susie Bonnell and her team, Phil Meadows, Derek Mountord and Janet Thomson.
You may also want to watch:
We’ve had some perfect bowling weather lately - let’s hope that continues and brings Sidmouth bowlers good fortune.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend