Sidmouth bowlers launch new indoor season
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth indoor season got off the mark with the men’s opening drive followed, the next day, by the ladies’ opening drive, writes Ron Cook.
The weekend saw a flurry of practice sessions and a friendly match for some of the club’s newer members with a few folk staying behind, to celebrate the start of the season over drinks.
The traditional opener – in terms of needle matches – is when the ladies’ entertain the gents for a triples session.
Indoor Bowling levels the skills so it is always a hard match for the gents, as proven by the score on this occasion!
After some 45 ends of bowling only two shots separated the teams with the men just scraping over the winning line by two shots. Commiseration, to our ladies who put up a tremendous fight back, after being 13 shots down in the morning session.
You may also want to watch:
The clubs recent open day brought many potential new bowlers in for a taster session and several have continued in the trial sessions we offer.
This is open to any member of the public who can try their hand at bowling by just contacting the club. Full details are given on the website which provides a useful source of information on our leagues and club activity.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
Go to ‘Sidmouth Bowls Club’ using either the Google or Internet Explorer search engines and you will find out all you need to know about the club.