Sidmouth bowlers see off touring sides Beech Hill and Ledbury
- Credit: Archant
The past week saw Sidmouth bowlers entertain two different touring teams, writes Carol Smith.
First to visit were Hertfordshire-based Ledbury and the next came from Beech Hill, Luton.
The sun was at its best for both visits - we always hope the weather is good for these tours as we cannot just cancel them as we would a local friendly team if the weather is bad.
When on tour it's like a short holiday and although they like to win they are also out to enjoy themselves and they certainly seemed to do that in spades!
Talking of spades, Beech Hill had a 'prize' for their worst performing rink, which was the presentation of children's plastic beach spades - apparently they forgot the wooden spoons!
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth were lucky enough to win against both clubs albeit by just a few shots. Against Ledbury the final score was 108-104 with the top home rink the one of Ray Gray, Margaret King, Allan Davis and skip Frank Adlam, who won 24-9.
In the meeting with Beech Hill, one that saw the home side win 100-93, the top rink was the one of Steve Boyle, Mike Blake, Jill Mison and skip Carol Smith, who won 21-8.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients