Sidmouth bowlers triumph over Honiton in Masons Trophy match
Last Wednesday Sidmouth Ladies’ B team played their second round match in the Masons Trophy against Honiton, on a one rink at home, one rink away basis, write Sue and Peter Mison.
Honiton are always a tough team to play and Sidmouth did extremely well to win the match overall.
Congratulations must go to the away team of Jan Jameson Bates, Sue Mison, Zena Johnson and skip Chris Hamer who won by 32 shots to 12.
Sidmouth are now through to the third round where their opponents will be Exonia, the match to be played on Thursday, November 21.
The same day, three Sidmouth Men’s’ teams entertained the Devon County Indoor Bowling Association led by senior deputy president Tony Berry together with his association officers and county players.
You may also want to watch:
A friendly and competitive game ensued with Sidmouth winning on two of the three rinks and by 69 to 57 shots overall.
Congratulations to Sidmouth’s winning rink of Alex Bent, Alastair McGregor, Derek Mountford and skip Norman Brimson who won by 29 shots to 13.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
A delicious tea was consumed at the half way stage which added to the enjoyment of the afternoon.
Last Saturday saw the second game in the Men’s’ Interclub, played against Kingsley on a two rink home, two rink away basis. Kingsley proved strong opposition and won on all four rinks, winning overall by 103 shots to 54.
The same afternoon saw the Ladies play their first round of the Yetton Plate against Budleigh.
All four rinks were victorious, Sidmouth winning by 78 shots to 65, taking them into the second round where their opponents will be South Hams.
Well done Sidmouth.