Sidmouth bowlers welcome back the Sidmouth Donkey!
- Credit: Archant
Forget the bowls (for one minute) – it’s back - the Sidmouth donkey!, writes Susie Bonnell.
We bowled on Sunday against touring team, Prattens (more of that later) and we had got used to the empty space, but lo and behold, on Monday morning the bowlers were greeted by our favourite donkey peeping out from behind the pampas.
Fully restored by the Donkey Sanctuary, our donkey is looking better than ever.
So, back to the bowls, and, on Friday, two triples for the Blues team travelled to Crediton to play another round in the Over-50s League.
Once again, despite the un-seasonally cold and windy weather, against a very strong Crediton team, the Blues brought home the points - securing four of the six available points.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Smith (skip), with her team of Mary Smith and Eileen Hewett won on their rink, 25-18.
On the other rink, the team dug in and minimised their loss to a three-shot difference, making an aggregate score of 41-39. Well done, the Blues.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients