Sidmouth bowlers win annual meeting with Clarence of Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
Friday saw the annual meeting with Clarence Bowling Club of Weston-super-Mare. When Sidmouth travelled to Weston for the match last year, the weather was absolutely beautiful.
However, that was not the case for the 2019 meeting in Sidmouth!
That said, 'hardy' bowlers do not let gale-force winds and torrential rain deter them.
The two teams managed to play their way through 10 ends before the heavens opened.
It was at tea time that the serious rain arrived and it meant for a longer than usual tea break, but play resumed, albeit with players getting a little wet, but the contest was completed over 21 ends with a feature being that no fewer than 10 rinks were used for play! With such a full green it means as many as 80 players in action! As for the score, well, Sidmouth clocked up 209 shots while the visitors recorded a score of 160.
You may also want to watch:
The top home rink was the one of Liz Boyle, Norman Brimson, Jill Mison and skip John Mason, who won 34-5.
Now, all at Sidmouth look forward to the 2020 meeting in Weston-super-Mare.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat