Sidmouth bowlers win two Jubliee cups in a week
THE Over-60s A squad beat Heavitree C squad 41-25 at Heavitree.
THE Over-60s' A squad beat Heavitree C squad 41-25 at Heavitree: K Bridgman, J Mason, P Wilson 13-12;; D Holland,C Bryant, R Seldon 28-13. Another 8 points.
The Over-60s' B Squad went down at Pinces 37-27: J White, P Clements, B Daniels 15-14; B Mortimer, M Borst, B Boddy 12-23, so earning only two points for the one winning rink.
The C Squad gained six points from the home game against Cullompton, after a very close game which was only decided on the last end with the very last bowl! Sidmouth won overall by just one point 34-33. R Tallent, L Tobias, F Adlam 18-16; R Graham, B Hague, R Knights 16-17.
Sidmouth held their Jubilee Cup day last Friday, when we entertained seven local clubs to play against us, and, having lost this format for many years, we changed the way that the sides were picked, and fielded seven rather strong sides in the main, and managed to win.
You may also want to watch:
The top away club were Lyme Regis, who surrendered their Jubilee cup to us only last week. The last four bowlers from Sidmouth to win the Jubilee cup in 2005 were: P Clements, C Hewett, F Adlam, B Boddy. The winning four this year were Brian Smith, Bob Daniels, Mike Borst, and Ron Cook. Picture from B. Hague.
The match on Sunday against Bitten Park was interrupted as the rain came after eight ends or so, making for an early tea.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
Those who wanted to finished the game indoors. This did not interrupt the proceeds from the bar! In the home match on Monday against Axminster, Sidmouth won overall 89-52: M Watson, P Harvie, J Fricker 16-23; P Wrench, B Smith, J Harrison 33-2; K Day, M Smith, J White, 23-15; A Andrews, S Graham, J Wrench, 17-12.