Sidmouth Bowling Club Open Day proves to be a big hit
- Credit: Archant
How quickly time flies - especially when you’re having fun! writes Susie Bonnell.
That was very true on the morning of the final Saturday in February when Sidmouth Bowling Club opened their doors for people to try their hand at the beautiful game of bowls.
We always hold our breath - will anyone have seen the posters? Will anyone turn up? But, once again, there was a steady stream of people arriving to have a ‘taster’ coaching session.
It helped that the sun was shining and the infamous, and much debated, ‘Beast from the East’ had not arrived with its promised snow and gales.
We are also so very lucky at Sidmouth to have three full-length rinks for indoor bowling, so, come rain or shine, in between September and April, we can bowl indoors. Many came and found to their surprise (and our delight) that they thoroughly enjoyed the taster session, so much so, they will be returning for coaching with a view to joining us for outdoor bowling this summer.
You may also want to watch:
It’s not too late - even if you missed the Open Day - we will always welcome anyone interested in having a go at bowling.
Call in to the clubhouse on Coburg Terrace when you are passing, or phone 07958 938031 for further information.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 7 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth