Sidmouth bowls action being ‘taken in’ by an individual dressed in white!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth bowlers were blessed with the most glorious weather for their very first Mixed Umbrella meeting of the season, writes Carol Smith.
Whilst, of course, still observing all the necessary guidelines with regard to the Covid-19 salutation, some 30 players turned up to play and all clearly thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine and of course the game which was wonderfully set up and organised by David Timms.
There was a clear lack of spectators, but, maybe given the spectacular weather, they were all enjoying the beach!
However, there was one man, dressed in white from top to bottom, who sat there watching the whole of the game! Mind you, and somewhat strangely, he never uttered a single word, or, indeed, move a muscle! Oh well, I guess he was simply engrossed in the game.
There was more action last Friday with the playing of the Sunset Umbrella, which is also a mixed game.
You may also want to watch:
This season the Sunset Umbrella is being run by Karen Hollingdale.
There was very little sun on display, but several of the 24 plus who took part, made up for any lack of sparkle overhead with some splendidly colourful attire.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Oh yes, and guess what, once again ‘Mr White’ was in attendance.
We bowlers at Sidmouth are beginning to think he is probably a bowler here on holiday.