Sidmouth Bowls Club annual match sees gentlemen defeat the ladies
- Credit: Archant
May Day bank holiday Monday saw the staging of the annual ladies versus gentlemen fixture at Sidmouth Bowls Club, writes Carol Smith.
Once again, the contest was a highly competitive one. It seems it is the ‘norm’ for the gentlemen to win this early season meeting – something to do with greater strength!
This time it proved to follow ‘the norm’ as they won on five of the six rinks with the final score being 107-86.
However, one of the ladies’ rinks won handsomely with a great score of 25-6, so all was certainly not lost!
That successful rink was the one of Mary Meadows, Maggie Masson, Lynda Dommett and skip Carol Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully we will get our revenge later in the season when our arms are in full swing!
Anyway, there were, of course, no sour grapes and well done to the men, especially those who bought us drinks!
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon