Sidmouth Bowls Club annual match sees gentlemen defeat the ladies
- Credit: Archant
May Day bank holiday Monday saw the staging of the annual ladies versus gentlemen fixture at Sidmouth Bowls Club, writes Carol Smith.
Once again, the contest was a highly competitive one. It seems it is the ‘norm’ for the gentlemen to win this early season meeting – something to do with greater strength!
This time it proved to follow ‘the norm’ as they won on five of the six rinks with the final score being 107-86.
However, one of the ladies’ rinks won handsomely with a great score of 25-6, so all was certainly not lost!
That successful rink was the one of Mary Meadows, Maggie Masson, Lynda Dommett and skip Carol Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully we will get our revenge later in the season when our arms are in full swing!
Anyway, there were, of course, no sour grapes and well done to the men, especially those who bought us drinks!
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby