Sidmouth Bowls Club Charity Day success
- Credit: Archant
Each year on August Bank Holiday Monday Sidmouth Bowls Club hold their Charity Day, writes Carol Smith.
This year the nominated charity was Brain Tumour Research.
A local young lady Charlotte Reid has had a brain tumour with complications since a fairly young age.
Charlotte is a very brave, determined young lady despite spending so much of her time in and out of hospital.
She along with her family and friends do a great job of supporting the Brain Tumour Research Charity.
You may also want to watch:
They call themselves "Charlotte's Army" and raise funds locally for the charity, including "Wear a Hat Day "which is supported by many of our shops and businesses.
Melanie Tiley is the charity's community fundraising manager for the South West who came from Bristol to receive our cheque for £1,200.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival