Sidmouth Bowls Club Charity Day success
- Credit: Archant
Each year on August Bank Holiday Monday Sidmouth Bowls Club hold their Charity Day, writes Carol Smith.
This year the nominated charity was Brain Tumour Research.
A local young lady Charlotte Reid has had a brain tumour with complications since a fairly young age.
Charlotte is a very brave, determined young lady despite spending so much of her time in and out of hospital.
She along with her family and friends do a great job of supporting the Brain Tumour Research Charity.
You may also want to watch:
They call themselves "Charlotte's Army" and raise funds locally for the charity, including "Wear a Hat Day "which is supported by many of our shops and businesses.
Melanie Tiley is the charity's community fundraising manager for the South West who came from Bristol to receive our cheque for £1,200.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank