Sidmouth Bowls Club honour the stars of the indoor season
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a quieter week for matches at Sidmouth Bowls Club, but this only served to heighten the anticipation for the highlight of the week, the club dinner and indoor trophy presentation held at the Blue Ball on Saturday evening, writes John Mason.
The evening was hosted by the indoor captains, Zena Johnson and David Fairclough.
There was a glittering array of trophies on display with more than 60 different recipients of prizes.
Earlier in the week, the outdoor season saw success for the Over-60s C team as they banked maximum points at home against Madeira (Exmouth).
The A team made a poor start to their game at home to Exeter side Heavitree, but they recovered well to share the match spoils.
You may also want to watch:
The B team failed to gain any points from a visit to Hemyock.
Thursday’s match against Topsham was cancelled due to bad weather, but on Friday afternoon a mixed team travelled to Seaton to play a friendly game on four rinks. They achieved a satisfying win by 94 shots to70 shots with the top rink was the one led by captain Mike Borst, ably supported by Linda Hargrave, Terry Smith and Roger Stewart.
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 3 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 4 Legion's centenary plea for Sidmouth Poppy Appeal volunteers
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Businesses should be stocking up now for Folk Festival
- 7 Lydon hopes his weighty challenge will give Hospiscare funds a lift
- 8 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 9 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
The only success in County competitions in the past week was the one of Garry Hargrave and Ron Cook in the Men’s ‘Grater’ Pairs.
We wish them well in the next round which is being played on Friday (May 22).