Sidmouth Bowls Club opening its doors for the annual September Open Day
- Credit: Archant
After such a soggy August it’s time to begin to think about some indoor bowls, but before that Sidmouth Bowling Club have an Open Day for all comers, writes Susie Bonnell.
The event takes place on Sunday (September 6) with a 2pm start and running through until 5pm.
There will be club coaches on hand to introduce people to the sport which offers so much to a wide range of ages.
What’s more there’s a big plus about bowls and that is that it can be played all year round with the outdoor game making way for the indoor game during the autumn and winter months.
Sidmouth is fortunate to have some great indoor facilities.
You may also want to watch:
At the Open Day event all equipment will be provided and refreshments are going to be available.
No pre-booking required, alone or in a group, just pop along and you will find a really friendly welcome.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
You will find the bowls club at Coburg Terrace, between Blackmore Gardens and the Rugby Club.
If you require further information, please contact the club on 07958 938031.