Sidmouth Bowls Club outdoor season ends on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
A friendly match was played against South Dorset on yet another beautiful Sidmouth day, writes Carol Smith.
Once again it was an afternoon combining good company with some fine bowling and, on this occasion, Sidmouth proved to be very friendly hosts as we lost the match 58-52.
The winning rink for Sidmouth was the one of Ray Gray, Anita Mason, John Chew and captain and skip Susie Bonnell, who won 21-17.
Another friendly saw a team travel to Seaton where, amongst excellent company, we lost three of the four rinks, but the match ended in a draw at 62-all.
Our winning rink was the one of Derek Mountford, Rob Wheaton, Mick Cox and skip Jill Bishop, who won 19-12, and so it all meant that the other three Sidmouth rinks only lost by a combined score of seven shots. It was a strange old game!
You may also want to watch:
The outdoor bowling finishes on Sunday (September 23), the final match being a mystery closing drive! The following day the indoor season is launched with an opening drive!
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 8 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'