Sidmouth Bowls Club outdoor season ends on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
A friendly match was played against South Dorset on yet another beautiful Sidmouth day, writes Carol Smith.
Once again it was an afternoon combining good company with some fine bowling and, on this occasion, Sidmouth proved to be very friendly hosts as we lost the match 58-52.
The winning rink for Sidmouth was the one of Ray Gray, Anita Mason, John Chew and captain and skip Susie Bonnell, who won 21-17.
Another friendly saw a team travel to Seaton where, amongst excellent company, we lost three of the four rinks, but the match ended in a draw at 62-all.
Our winning rink was the one of Derek Mountford, Rob Wheaton, Mick Cox and skip Jill Bishop, who won 19-12, and so it all meant that the other three Sidmouth rinks only lost by a combined score of seven shots. It was a strange old game!
You may also want to watch:
The outdoor bowling finishes on Sunday (September 23), the final match being a mystery closing drive! The following day the indoor season is launched with an opening drive!
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend