Sidmouth bowls Dorset trip – the penultimate report
- Credit: Archant
Day four of the 2015 Sidmouth Bowls Club tour took the party to Wareham, where, dropped off by Shawn, our charming coach driver, we rode to Swanage on the delightful steam railway, writes Susie Bonnell.
Every day on this trip brought a funny story to life and today was no exception!
Two of our ladies - Brenda Somerfield and Marie Timms - had ordered cheesy chips to share from the Swanage Railway Cafe.
After a wait of twenty minutes, they had to dash for the awaiting coach - chip less and hungry.
All on board and pulling away, we heard a frantic knocking on the door - yes, a different sort of take-away, but there was a lady complete with hairnet and red from running, with a large portion of cheesy chips!
You may also want to watch:
I’m not sure what to blame, but Sidmouth lost on five of the six rinks at Swanage that day, but at least the rain held off and a good time was had by all.
The day’s journey was rounded off by a ride on the Sandbanks Ferry and a scenic drive back to the Hotel.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98