Sidmouth bowls latest - Opal spring shock
- Credit: Archant
In the Sidmouth Bowls Club Ladies Triples League the latest round of matches produced one big surprise.
That was with the win for an Opal side that had won just one before they play a Diamond team that had been beaten just once. In a close contest Opal won 17-16.
The new clear leaders are Emerald after they claimed a sixth win in seven outings and they are now three points clear of Diamond after they defeated third placed Amethyst 20-12.
The other match of the week saw Coral record a second win of the season, defeating basement side Ruby 19-17.
The latest table.
You may also want to watch:
P W D L F A Pts
Emerald 7 6 0 1 134 83 12
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Diamond 7 4 1 2 144 105 9
Amethyst 7 4 0 3 116 118 8
Opal 7 2 1 4 109 126 5
Coral 7 2 1 4 90 127 5
Ruby 7 1 1 5 85 119 3