Sidmouth Captain’s Day is a huge success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth captain Colin Macklin laid on a great day of competitive golf, prizes and a dinner in the evening for his Captain’s Day – in aid of Sidmouth Hospiscare on Saturday, writes Hugh Dorliac.
With a halfway table groaning with drinks, fresh fruit and chocolate to boost the players’ energy and manned by Colin above the 10th green, he was a welcome sight for competitors, however well they were playing.
At the evening presentation, prizes were awarded to: third place men’s team of David Cowler and Sam Searle on 54 stableford points, and runners-up Doug Goodall and Tony Stoyle on 55.
The winning team, with an excellent seven over par 57 points, were Bob Welsman and Stuart Coles, who dovetailed well. Nice to see Bob in the winner’s enclosure again if only to hear his winner’s speech!
Winners of the ladies’ team prize were ladies’ captain Sheila Faulkner and playing partner Marie Timms on an equally impressive 57 points.
You may also want to watch:
Runners-up were mother and daughter Sally Fox and Sue Billinghurst on 54.
More funds were collected for the captain’s charity when the MC for the evening, David Pepperell, hosted a mini auction of four ball golf vouchers and golfing memorabilia, raising several hundred pounds.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
Well done, to him and all the winners on what was a great day of golf.