Sidmouth captain Steve Milton maintains his winning start as B team captain.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth B team entertained Honiton on Saturday for their latest match, writes Chris Roberts.
There was a buoyant mood about the team with captain Steve (Vinnie) Milton determined to keep the winning form and his 100 per cent record.
First out was the captain together with Lee Wenham and then pair set the tone for a good session with a three-and-one victory.
Next out were John Barnard and Lester Wilmington and they too recorded an impressive three-and-one triumph.
Third out were Malcolm Willoughby and Paul (Pete) Renkin and they powered their way to a seven-and five crushing of their opponents!
You may also want to watch:
Honiton got on to the scoreboard by securing a half against the Sidmouth pairing of Dancing Derek Patten and Steve Channing who found themselves three down with three to play, but won the last three to secure a share of the spoils.
Birthday-boy Bob Welsman and Simon Knowles won their contest two-and-one and the final pairing of Steve Punter and Chris Roberts also chalked up a two-and-one win to give Sidmouth a final score of five-and-a-half to Honiton’s half point.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
Next up for captain Steve and his B team is The Warren this coming Sunday (April 27).