Sidmouth CC announce dates for colt’s registration.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Cricket Club junior section have announced two dates for registration of colt cricketers for 2014.
The first date is Friday, April 18 with a 6pm start at the clubs Forcefield home. On the night there will be some kwik cricket and small-sided games played. The bar will be open for drink and food.
For those who are unable to make the 18th the process will be repeated seven days later on Friday, April 25, again with a 6pm start.
This year the club are fielding an Under-soft ball team together with teams at Under-11, 12, 13 and 15.
The successful girls coaching sessions return for another year. In cricket girls can play alongside the boys and be two years older. The official line is that girls can play ‘two years down’, so there’s opportunity for all to engage in competitive cricket. The club also run girls’ matches.
You may also want to watch:
The coaching sessions begin in earnest for boys and girls on Friday, April 25.
The girls start proceedings with their coaching from 4.45pm to 5.54pm.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
The boys start at 6pm and they are at work through until 7.30pm.
Once again this year the popular clubhouse will be open during the coaching sessions for parents and guardians to relax and enjoy a drink!
The club are very grateful to St John’s School, Sidmouth for the support they have given towards the purchase of the junior shirts this season.
Last but not least the club are keen to stress that in terms of the junior cricket in 2014 there’s plenty of action going to be available to players of all standards.