Sidmouth CC secure first trophy of the season.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth CC have safely taken charge of the first of what will surely be a number of pieces of silver this 2013 cricket season after their girls XI won the Lady Taverners tournament at Chagford, writes Liz Seward.
There were ten teams at the event which saw the Sidmouth girls win all six of the matches they played on the day!
From the opening delivery of the competition the team grew in stature and managed in one match to chalk up a score of 305 (teams started with a 200 score), and this total was a new record for the tournament, sailing past the previous best of 279!
In the final they met Topsham who were the sixth and final side to face the slick Sidmouth play!
The team, managed by Paul Dodds, now represent Devon in the Regional finals.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks must also go to Matt Cooke who organised the event.
Sidmouth girls: Cassia Astley Jones (captain), Katie Anker, Josie Crisp, Alice Cross, Lucy Gosling, Lily Goodier, Libby Jameson, Hannah Rudgard and Emma Seward.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action