Sidmouth CC seek umpires for next season
Sidmouth Cricket Club are in search of umpires for next season.
The club, one of the leading sides in the county, have an abundance of matches throughout the season played at their Fortfield home and also at Bicton College.
With three eleven’s playing in the Francis Clark Devon League and in excess of 30 midweek matches against different opposition, many of them touring side’s there’s plenty of competitive and social cricket to be umpired!
The club are a friendly bunch and are looking for people who have a passion for the game of cricket and would like to become involved with a family club.
Being a qualified umpire at the moment is not a pre-requisite to getting involved as the club are very happy to arrange all necessary training and there are regular courses for new umpires.
You may also want to watch:
The next set of training course of potential umpires begin in the New Year and the club advise that it does not involve a particularly long induction to the game – more so a case of short and sweet!
Sidmouth would pay any training course fees and umpires will also be afforded membership to the club which has a big social angle to it. They also provide free teas and ensure that no umpire is out of pocket in terms of travel expenses.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Anyone interested or requiring further information is asked to e-mail Anthony Griffiths at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07769 934420.