Sidmouth CC to run another series of the popular ‘Wine and Wickets’
- Credit: Archant
Wine and Wickets is an English Cricket Board (ECB) initiative that introduces cricket to prospective lady players and, now in its third year, is continuing to prove a huge hit.
The concept sees cricket combined with a post session glass of prosecco or soft drink for all that take part.
The Wine and Wickets format has certainly led to the formation of new lady cricket teams and there is now a thriving Devon Ladies cricket competition.
Sidmouth CC launch a new term of Wine and Wickets at their Fortfield Groudn home on Friday, May 10 with a 7pm start and an 8-m finish time.
Attendance at the sessions do not require any cricketing experience at all! Indeed, what the concept was created for was to introduce cricket to so many new ladies and, to date, it has been a huge success.
You may also want to watch:
So, if you would like to join the ladies at Sidmouth CC, then get along to that first Friday meeting on May 10.
For more information contact Kate Cooke on 07884367446.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections