Sidmouth CC wicket gets high praise from Australian batsman
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Fortfield track has been given a thumbs up by an Australian batsman who played their last Saturday for Bradninch.
Matt Foster is this years overseas player at Bradninch and he scored a wonderful 177 against Sidmouth – before the Bess brothers Josh and Zach both bagged tons to see Sidmouth win the game.
Foster plays his Aussie cricket for New South Wales and was last in the UK in 2013 where he played for Sprowston in Norfolk.
As for that innings against Sidmouth he said: “Playing on that track was just like being on a strip back at home and so that may well have helped me. It was a superb wicket to bat on.”
Foster continued: “The innings at Sidmouth is my new ‘biggest to date’ after I scored 171 a couple of years ago at Sprowston.”
You may also want to watch:
Finally, when asked if he thought his knock and a 300 plus team score would win the game for Bradninch, he said: “I always thought it was going to be a close game, as they’ve got some good players who can score big scores and with the wicket being as flat as it was I knew it would be tight.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge