Sidmouth Centenary Trophy joy for Marie Timms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Centenary Trophy was presented to Sidmouth Golf Club to mark the centenary of the ladies section and is played for each year with a par competition, writes Andrea Milton.
The course was looking in great condition thanks to our team of greenkeepers and we enjoyed a cloudless sky and a gentle breeze to help us on our round.
Winning the trophy was Marie Timms, with a very good score of plus three with her splendid round including six pars.
The runner-up was Susan Hackett on plus one and third was Marian Thomas with a score of all square.
Also in action recently, have been both the Presidents Trophy team and the Sheelah Creasy team.
You may also want to watch:
The Presidents played away at Tavistock and, despite some close matches which went to the 18th hole, they departed beaten 7-0.
On the other hand, the Sheelah Creasy team who played Tavistock at home, managed to secure a 7-0 success.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
Congratulations to all our winners this week.