Sidmouth Centenary Trophy joy for Marie Timms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Centenary Trophy was presented to Sidmouth Golf Club to mark the centenary of the ladies section and is played for each year with a par competition, writes Andrea Milton.
The course was looking in great condition thanks to our team of greenkeepers and we enjoyed a cloudless sky and a gentle breeze to help us on our round.
Winning the trophy was Marie Timms, with a very good score of plus three with her splendid round including six pars.
The runner-up was Susan Hackett on plus one and third was Marian Thomas with a score of all square.
Also in action recently, have been both the Presidents Trophy team and the Sheelah Creasy team.
You may also want to watch:
The Presidents played away at Tavistock and, despite some close matches which went to the 18th hole, they departed beaten 7-0.
On the other hand, the Sheelah Creasy team who played Tavistock at home, managed to secure a 7-0 success.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
Congratulations to all our winners this week.