Sidmouth Centenary Trophy success for Wendy Abraham
- Credit: Archant
After two weeks of friendly team competitions the Sidmouth ladies returned to serious action with their first individual handicap qualifier of the season, writes Angela Coles.
The Centenary Trophy was the prize on offer.
This trophy was donated to celebrate 100 years of the Sidmouth Ladies Section in 2007.
The format is match play against the course where the player, either, wins, loses or halves the hole.
Thirty-six ladies entered the competition and, despite the early light showers, the odd rumble of thunder in the distance, we mostly played in warm sunshine.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the Centenary Trophy was Academy Graduate Wendy Abraham with a score of plus four.
In a close contest for the minor places, countback was required to decide runner up and third place with Gerri Whitrow prevailing over another Academy Graduate, Angela Hanna, on a score of plus three.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
All three ladies have had a handicap reduction for all their efforts.