Sidmouth Centenary Trophy success for Wendy Abraham
- Credit: Archant
After two weeks of friendly team competitions the Sidmouth ladies returned to serious action with their first individual handicap qualifier of the season, writes Angela Coles.
The Centenary Trophy was the prize on offer.
This trophy was donated to celebrate 100 years of the Sidmouth Ladies Section in 2007.
The format is match play against the course where the player, either, wins, loses or halves the hole.
Thirty-six ladies entered the competition and, despite the early light showers, the odd rumble of thunder in the distance, we mostly played in warm sunshine.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the Centenary Trophy was Academy Graduate Wendy Abraham with a score of plus four.
In a close contest for the minor places, countback was required to decide runner up and third place with Gerri Whitrow prevailing over another Academy Graduate, Angela Hanna, on a score of plus three.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
All three ladies have had a handicap reduction for all their efforts.