Sidmouth Centenary Trophy triumph for Mandy Furness
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday Sidmouth ladies played for the Centenary Trophy, writes Maria Clapp.
This was a par competition and, despite a poor weather forecast the early players enjoyed a dry round.
However, the heavens opened for the later starters and they ended up soaked to the skin!
Five players returned with scores better than their handicaps.
It was a close thing to determine the outright winner of the Centenary Trophy with countback being called into play to separate Mandy Furness and Jill Jeffrey after both players carded splendid scores of plus four.
You may also want to watch:
It was Mandy who got the nod after countback and she is now the proud holder of the Centenary Trophy.
In third, with a score of plus three, was Sheila Tallon with +3. These excellent scores resulted in their handicaps being reduced. Mandy and Jill Jeffrey had their handicap cut by two shots and Sheila Tallon by one shot. Ros Eaton came in with a plus one score and so had her handicap reduced by one shot. Well done, ladies!
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
Two ladies, Margaret Thompson and Sheila Faulkner, and so they shared the pot.
Last Friday, the Presidents team played at home against Libbaton. A lovely day was had by all and Sidmouth were the eventual winners, winning 5-2.