Sidmouth Charles Stanley Stableford success for George Barber
- Credit: Archant
The third Charles Stanley Monday Stableford was won this week by George Barber, showing some of the form of which he is capable, writes John Barnard.
Big hitting George scored 41 points including two birdies, on the first and seventeenth and a great run of pars from the ninth. Only a couple of double bogies on two of the more difficult holes cost him a great score.
In second place was another big hitter, Simon Knowles.
A steady round with a couple of birdies and some consistent golf underpinned his round. In third place was Brian Sanford with 39 points, winning on countback from Mark Thomas. Brian achieved a number of pars off his handicap of 20, holding off the challenge of Mark who had three birdies on the back nine but a five on the par three fifteenth cost Mark a place.
In the birdie count, Martin White leads with nine, one ahead of Mike Knight but some of the likely contenders haven’t played much this season and will be waiting to pounce.
You may also want to watch:
In the eclectic, the places are reversed. Mike Knight is ahead by three with a nett 55, second is Martin White with a nett 58 with Simon Emerson and Nick Gingell a further shot back on nett 59.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom