Sidmouth Charles Stanley Stableford success for Ian Bright
- Credit: Archant
The Charles Stanley Monday Stableford was won this week by Ian Bright with 41 points after a very topsy turvy round, writes John Barnard.
He opened with two birdies on the first two holes, then two double bogies in the next five!
He steadied up after this with three more birdies and only a few bogies to win by two points over Duncan Taylor.
Duncan started birdie, bogie, birdie but then steadied his round with a long series of pars, only broken up by two birdies on holes twelve and thirteen.
In third place was Steve Milton with 38 points. A slow start was improved by a long putt on the fifth for a two and then having driven the eighteenth, he knocked in another birdie.
You may also want to watch:
In the eclectic, Mike Knight and Jonathan Lee are in the lead, both with a nett 47. Three players are one shot back, Harrison Jones, Chris Roberts and Howard Cushing.
These three have more opportunities to improve their score with their higher handicaps, but it will go down to the wire no doubt.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford