Sidmouth Charles Stanley Stableford success for Melluish
- Credit: Archant
On a beautiful Monday with clear weather all day, the Charles Stanley Monday Stableford was enjoyed by all who took part, writes John Barnard.
The winner this week was Craig Melluish with an excellent 42 points, the best score posted for some weeks.
After a mixed opening nine holes, Craig then returned in level par gross up to the 18th where he managed not to score at all which meant his score could have been much better.
However, a round of nine pars and three birdies meant a handicap reduction of one shot.
In second place again was Simon Knowles, now approaching a handicap that better reflects his play and big hitting. He scored 39 points, opening with a birdie but two dropped shots in the last two holes will have frustrated him.
You may also want to watch:
In third place was George Barber, making a welcome return to form. His round reflected his usual style, three birdies coupled with double bogies and a blob to score 38 points.
John Jones continues to lead the birdie count by 14 from Jonathan Lee and he also leads the eclectic but only by one point with Simon Knowles moving to second place.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action