Sidmouth Charles Stanley Stableford win for Paul Lewis
- Credit: Archant
The eleventh round of the Charles Stanley Monday Stableford was won this week by club chairman Paul Lewis with 37 points, writes John Barnard.
The victory was most apt given the winner works for Charles Stanley who sponsor the competition!
It wasn’t a high scoring day no doubt due to the difficult conditions, with some wind and quite a lot of rain. Playing late in the day when the weather had settled a little, Paul birdied the first and then messed up the next two holes, but then managed to put this behind him.
A solid back nine, one over gross including a birdie on the seventeenth gave him his win on countback from Jeremy Holden, in the prizes again.
Two birdies in the first six holes set him off well but a poor back nine cost him a win.
You may also want to watch:
In third place was Stuart Coles on 36 points, one of five players on this score. He had three birdies and also, a back nine of one over gross to get him ahead on countback.
In the eclectic, there are now four names at the top of the table with a nett 50. Harrison Jones, Jonathan Lee and Mike Knight are all fighting for the individual top spot. In the birdie count, John Jones did not play this week, but still leads with 23, followed by Nick Gingell on 22 and Jonathan Lee on 21.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out