Sidmouth Cheeky Elves ruck well in meetings with Newton Abbot
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-10s embraced a festive theme for their matches against visiting Newton Abbot teams.
Such were the Under-10 numbers once more that three teams were fielded for a series of matches.
The Sidmouth Cheeky Elves went into their first game skippered by Matthew Thomas.
They came up against some strong rucking and tackling from Newton Abbott. The Cheeky Elves, tired from working a long shift and were turned over a few times. However, strong running from Archie Rowcliffe and Toby Sanford supported by Dillon Burrow, meant that Matthew Thomas made the most of distributing the ball out wide along the line via Sam Hartland, Billy Fowler, Charlie Rowland, Will Goodall and Oscar Bruce.
The second half show was much improved with better tackling and rucking from all the team.
You may also want to watch:
After some Elf refreshments and a sprinkle of tackling dust Elves went into their second game led by tackling dynamo Dillon.
Will Goodall used his pace and scored the opening try and that score was followed by further tries from Archie Rowcliffe.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
The Elves tackling and rucking was much improved from the first game.
However, they did concede a number of scored, but did sustain a challenge through to the final whistle.
After the customary three cheers and shaking of hands at the final whistle, the next stop was the festive feast, where some of the best rucking of the day was seen from all the Cheeky Elves.