Sidmouth Chiefs all set for Burnham visit
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth suffered a washout with none of their senior sides getting any action in on yet another soggy February Saturday.
The Chiefs were trying to play their Tribute Western Counties (West) game at Tiverton, but, just as their first attempt had been washed out, so was this one and the clubs will have to try for a third time and play the game with the new date now set to be played on the final Saturday of the month (February 24).
There were four Western Counties (West) matches played last Saturday with Devonport Services winning 17-10 at Chard, Truro claiming a 26-14 success at Falmouth, Kingsbridge over overpowering Crediton to the tune of a 56-0 score line and Str Austell won a low scoring game at Torquay Athletic 10-7.
That all means that in terms of table positions, Sidmouth are sixth with 44 points from 18 games.
On Saturday (February 17), the Chiefs 1st XI are in league action with a home game against Burnham-on-Sea, a match that has a 2.30pm kick-off. When the pair met in North Somerset back on October 28, Sidmouth were beaten 36-17.
You may also want to watch:
At that time the Chiefs were in a miserable run of form and they had lost five on the spin before the trip to Burnham. Things have changed – and for both clubs – for Saturdays opponents now sit rock bottom of the Western Counties (West) table having won just three games all season.
Sidmouth 2nd XI are also in action, and they too travel with Bideford the destination for them.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout