Sidmouth Chiefs’ Gala Dinner with Geoff Parling proves a huge hit
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth RFC chairman Lester Willmington welcomed 86 members, guests and sponsors, who attended a Gala Dinner, sponsored by Canterbury, in the clubhouse, writes Terry O’Brien.
Following a splendid three-course meal provided by Duncan Woods and his team, Graham Brown introduced special guest Geoff Parling, who gave an account of his career at Newcastle Falcons, Leicester Tigers and, currently, Exeter Chiefs.
Of his experience as an England international, he gave a particularly interesting insight into the unsuccessful Rugby World Cup 2015 campaign.
Finally, he described life as a British Lion on the 2013 tour to Australia, on which he played in three matches including the second test.
The talk was followed by a question and answer session in which he gave honest and frank replies to some searching questions.
You may also want to watch:
The most enjoyable event raised over £1,000 for club funds.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey