Sidmouth Chiefs play opening pre-season friendly at home on Saturday
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Sidmouth Rugby Club start their season tomorrow (Saturday, August 24), writes Terry O’Brien.
The Chiefs entertain Okehampton at the Blackmore in a warm-up game for the league campaign.
The kick off is 3.00pm.
Okehampton, who finished last season strongly in fourth position in the Western Counties West League, should provide stiff opposition.
This will be the first game in charge for new head coach Stephe Kruger, and chiefs captain Dan Retter will be leading the side for the first time, following in his father’s footsteps.
You may also want to watch:
With several prominent players leaving to test their ability at higher levels at clubs like Plymouth Albion, Launceston, Taunton and Exmouth, the club is very much in the process of rebuilding.
Attendance at training during the summer has been excellent and a trial match played last Tuesday was very competitive and a number of players graduating from last season’s successful colts side showed much promise.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'