Sidmouth Chiefs play opening pre-season friendly at home on Saturday
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Sidmouth Rugby Club start their season tomorrow (Saturday, August 24), writes Terry O’Brien.
The Chiefs entertain Okehampton at the Blackmore in a warm-up game for the league campaign.
The kick off is 3.00pm.
Okehampton, who finished last season strongly in fourth position in the Western Counties West League, should provide stiff opposition.
This will be the first game in charge for new head coach Stephe Kruger, and chiefs captain Dan Retter will be leading the side for the first time, following in his father’s footsteps.
You may also want to watch:
With several prominent players leaving to test their ability at higher levels at clubs like Plymouth Albion, Launceston, Taunton and Exmouth, the club is very much in the process of rebuilding.
Attendance at training during the summer has been excellent and a trial match played last Tuesday was very competitive and a number of players graduating from last season’s successful colts side showed much promise.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution