Sidmouth Chiefs reporting back for pre-season next week
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Rugby Club pre-season training starts next Tuesday, July 5, writes Terry O’Brien.
Training will take place at the club’s main ground at Blackmore Field. Players are asked to meet at 6.30pm. New players will be most welcome.
During the close season the club has made a number of changes with the appointment of a new director of rugby in Peter O’Brien and senior rugby manager in John Dunn.
Head coach Mark Beavis will be in charge for a third season with an exciting new coaching team to support him.
In the coming season the first XX will be playing in Western Counties West and the 2nd XV will compete in the Devon Merit table One.
You may also want to watch:
There are four warm-up matches scheduled with the first being an August 13 visit to Honiton.
That’s followed a week later (August 2) with a home game against Okehampton. Five days later (August 25) it’s a home game against Topsham and the final warm-up match will see Sidmouth hosts Chard on August 27.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
The opening league game sees the senior XV travel to Burnham-on-Sea on September 3.
The 2nd XV launch their league campaign on the same day with a home match against Paington II.