Sidmouth Chiefs supply four for the Devon County senior side.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Rugby Club has been well represented in Devon teams recently, writes Terry O’Brien.
Zac Bess and Alex Spurdle were in the staring line-up for Devon Under-20s in their crucial Championship match against Cornwall played at Brickfields, Plymouth.
Also, Alva Senderayi and Chris Courtier made appearances off the replacements bench. Devon made a late comeback to win 32-24 and secure a place in the quarter finals.
They will now entertain Kent on Sunday, April 7.
Last Wednesday evening Josh Bess, Tom Whelan, Sam Meadham, James Perry and Jack Pyne played for the Devon senior side against the Navy at Devonport.
You may also want to watch:
James Perry finished off a move involving four of the Sidmouth players to score one of Devon’s tries. Tom Whelan kicked two conversions .
The Navy went on to win 22-14.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival