Sidmouth Chiefs to end league season at home on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth bring the curtain down on their league campaign this Saturday (April 18) when they entertain Penryn.
The game at Blackmore Field kicks off at 3pm.
There’s also action this weekend for the Quins who travel to Newton Abbot for their final Devon Merit Table game.
The Colts are at home to Barnstaple Colts, playing at Sidford with a 1.30pm kick off.
Sidmouth U16 entertain Gordano on the Blackmore Field at noon this Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Chiefs 1st XV were let down by St Ives last Saturday when the Cornish club pulled out of their trip to the Blackmore.
St Ives, who are already relegated, have been plagued by team-raising issues all season and cried off for that reason.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
Sidmouth were told on Friday the Hakes weren’t coming, which was better than being advised on the day of the match.
However, the loss of income from a home 1st XV game through the gate and over the bar is a considerable loss.