Sidmouth Chiefs Under-8s net clean sweep of wins in three-club meeting
Sidmouth Under-8s rugby team were in top form when they took part in the three-club meeting with sides from Withycombe and Exmouth, writes Steve Birley.
The young Chiefs turned out enough players to field three teams, and, by the end of all the action, the Sidmouth playing record was played nine, won nine!
Team one saw Jack Pugh score a hat-trick of tries whilst the Gazelle of the Match award went to Scott Monro Higgs
Team two served up some terrific tagging, particularly by Zach and Luca Arver together with Harry Wood, and they also had no fewer than six tries from Ben Brook.
Team three saw a magnificent last-minute interception from Charley Turley that ended with him scoring a match-winning try. Thomas Grove helped to create two turnover tries and Tom Bird impressed throughout with his support play. There were also terrific defensive performances from Reece Hext, Leon Rowley and Jude Sykes.
You may also want to watch:
The morning’s action underlined the development the youngest set of Chiefs are making.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat