Sidmouth Chiefs Under-8s net clean sweep of wins in three-club meeting
Sidmouth Under-8s rugby team were in top form when they took part in the three-club meeting with sides from Withycombe and Exmouth, writes Steve Birley.
The young Chiefs turned out enough players to field three teams, and, by the end of all the action, the Sidmouth playing record was played nine, won nine!
Team one saw Jack Pugh score a hat-trick of tries whilst the Gazelle of the Match award went to Scott Monro Higgs
Team two served up some terrific tagging, particularly by Zach and Luca Arver together with Harry Wood, and they also had no fewer than six tries from Ben Brook.
Team three saw a magnificent last-minute interception from Charley Turley that ended with him scoring a match-winning try. Thomas Grove helped to create two turnover tries and Tom Bird impressed throughout with his support play. There were also terrific defensive performances from Reece Hext, Leon Rowley and Jude Sykes.
You may also want to watch:
The morning’s action underlined the development the youngest set of Chiefs are making.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners