Sidmouth Chiefs win final league outing of season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Chiefs ended their Tribute Western Counties campaign with a 16-9 Blackmore success against visiting Burnham-on-sea.
The first 40 minutes of action did not produce a try at either end of the pitch with what points that were scored, coming from the boot!
The visitors led 6-3 at the interval as a result of two successful kicks by Tim Piper to the one that sailed over from Tom Whelan for the home side.
After the break Sidmouth went into the lead following a try from Olly Pyne and extended their advantage with a try from prop Gavin Pearson after good work from Tom Seward and George Lake.
The visitors had the final word with a penalty with what was almost the final kick of the game.
You may also want to watch:
Make sure of your copy of the Sidmouth Herald (out next on Friday (April 28) for the best match report and post match comment on the Chiefs win.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat