Sidmouth College are gallant runners-up in Devon Schools Year-9 cricket final
- Credit: Archant
Last Wednesday the Sidmouth College year nine cricket team travelled to Exmouth to take on Exeter School in the final of the Devon County Cup.
It turned out to be a contest that went the distance.
Exeter School batted first and posted a healthy score of 237 from 30 overs. In reply the Sidmouth boys reached a tantalisingly close 213, with Finn Marks scoring a splendid 64 and Harvey Sargent stroking his way to a magnificent 95.
The difference at stumps was arguably in the ground fielding with Exeter Scholl hardly putting a foot, or hand, wrong throughout their spell in the Maer ground outfield!
The Devon Cricket Development Officer, Matt Cooke ( a past Sidmouth College student), presented ‘Men of the Match’ awards to both Finn Marks and Harvey Sargent.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth College team; Harvey Sargent (Capt), Finn Marks, Kersley Sutton, Dan Thomas, Jamie Newberry, Sam Goodier, Will Down, Jake Allen, Tom Willerton, Mark Pearse, Ed Bolton, Asa Unsworth and Will Bright.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival