Sidmouth College Under-13 cricketers see off Stoford
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth College Under-13 cricket team took on Stover School in the County Cup.
Having lost the toss Sidmouth were asked to bat on what was an overcast day with conditions were very much in the favour of the bowlers.
However, it was Sidmouth who took the initiative with some outstanding batting from both Kersley Sutton and Tom Moore.
Kersley, who captained the side, went on to score his half century. Other contributions came from Josh Allen and Jordan Fowler. Sidmouth eventually posted a score of 152 for three wickets in their allotted 20 overs.
Stover came quickly out of the traps and, after five overs, were very much up with the run rate.
You may also want to watch:
It was a superb spell of bowling from Lily Goodier that swung the game the way of Sidmouth!
Matt Salter also bowled a cracking spell and at one stage had the chance of a hat-trick. The final few overs were given to spin and Tom Moore and Jordan Fowler were able to bring about a quick finish.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Stover were bowled out for 92 giving Sidmouth a comfortable victory.
The team can now look forward to a quarter final against Kelly College.
Sidmouth College Under-13 team: Kersley Sutton, Josh Allen, Jed Reid, Matt Salter, Jay Harris, Jordan Fowler, Thomas Moore, Louis Adey, Toby Garrick,
Lily Goodier, Finlay Richards and Rowan Westall.