Sidmouth Colts lift Devon Plate at Sandy Park
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Colts defeated Teignmouth 34-15 at Sandy Park in the final of the Devon Plate.
Sidmouth and Teignmouth were the top two in their division of eight teams, so this was going to be a tight match.
Both teams used the changing facilities at Sandy Park and ran out of the tunnel on to a beautifully kept and sunny pitch.
Both teams had 22-man squads. To make the most of the depth in skills of the players, all 22 were rolled on and off during the game and everyone was able to make an impact.
Sidmouth started strongly and scored two good converted tries in the first 12 minutes. Sam Cavins and Lucan Horsnell were the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
Teignmouth fought back and scored, but Sidmouth always stayed in front through Will Thomas and Jake Allen.
Cavin kicked the rest of the points in penalties and conversions.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
With some really good play in the forwards and the backs, Sidmouth kept the pressure up throughout the match and finished deserved winners.
Sidmouth’s winning squad was Asa Unsworth, Henry Thomas, (captain), Tom Thorne, Oliver Aplin, Will Bright, Lucan Horsnell, Will Thomas, Max Moore, Rhys Davies, Jake Allen, Dion Warner, Tom Robins, Alex Hill, Luke Dix, Billy Collin, Jacob Cornish, Frank Hartley, Ed Polley, Aaron Bagwell, Mark Pearce, Dan Swain, Sam Cavin.