Sidmouth Colts lose to final minute Exmouth score
Sidmouth Colts were involved in a close contest with Exmouth colts before they went down by a margin of a single score, 24-20, writes Richard Welch.
Rabbi Hansford got Sidmouth off to a flying start with a brace of tries before a third was scored by Will Thomas.
Harry Rimens tucked away a conversion and Sidmouth took a 17-5 lead into the break.
The second half began with the home side in the ascendency as the Cockles battled to get out of their own half.
However, in the last 25 minutes it was Exmouth who grew stronger and they scored two tries, one converted and also slotted a penalty to edge ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Rimens put away another penalty and Sidmouth held a 20-17 lead with one minute remaining.
Sidmouth seemed to have Exmouth’s attack well covered, but a collision between two of the home defenders in the midfield meant that Exmouth’s final attack went further than it might otherwise and the resultant Exmouth try and conversion in the last play of the game saw Exmouth secure the narrowest of victories.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 3 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 4 Laptops and tablets donated by Sidmouth community help school children learn from home
- 5 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 New year golf at Sidmouth
- 9 Pitch perfect at Ottery St Mary
- 10 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town