Sidmouth Colts lose to final minute Exmouth score
Sidmouth Colts were involved in a close contest with Exmouth colts before they went down by a margin of a single score, 24-20, writes Richard Welch.
Rabbi Hansford got Sidmouth off to a flying start with a brace of tries before a third was scored by Will Thomas.
Harry Rimens tucked away a conversion and Sidmouth took a 17-5 lead into the break.
The second half began with the home side in the ascendency as the Cockles battled to get out of their own half.
However, in the last 25 minutes it was Exmouth who grew stronger and they scored two tries, one converted and also slotted a penalty to edge ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Rimens put away another penalty and Sidmouth held a 20-17 lead with one minute remaining.
Sidmouth seemed to have Exmouth’s attack well covered, but a collision between two of the home defenders in the midfield meant that Exmouth’s final attack went further than it might otherwise and the resultant Exmouth try and conversion in the last play of the game saw Exmouth secure the narrowest of victories.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls