Sidmouth Colts power to big clean sheet victory at Teignmouth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Colts proved too strong for hosts Teignmouth as they powered to an impressive 54-0 success, writes Michael Horsnell.
Sidmouth made a positive start and took the lead inside five minutes when Kyle Baker finished off a powerful surge with the opening try.
Teignmouth responded well and it needed a try-saving tackle from Jake Tansley to deny them an equalising score, Tansley dumping opponent and ball into touch!
The following 20 minutes were more like a game of tennis as the ball was either run, or kicked, from end to end.
The next score arrived following some good rucking by Lucan Horsnell that saw the ball fed quickly to the backs and Angus Eaton finished nicely under the posts.
You may also want to watch:
Aiden Taylor was next to score as the running rugby continued. The final score of the first half came from Lewis Horne who raced clear onto the corner to leave Sidmouth 20-0 to the good at half-time.
After the break Sidmouth played with real confidence with the forwards dominating proceedings and the scoring was begun when Eaton powered over. Horne then weaved his way through a number of challenges prior to off-loading to Aaron Bagwell to cross and a bull-dozing try from Kyle Baker made it 30-0.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
Tansley got the next try before Eaton complete a try hat-trick to leave Sidmouth 40-0 up.
Sam Dix tried his luck at twelve, this out of his normal position as prop, and he was rewarded with a powerful running try under the posts and he confidently drop-kicked the conversion to leave Sidmouth 47-0 to the good.
The half century was chalked up by a Conner Woodhouse try and he converted it to complete the scoring.