Sidmouth Colts put visiting Torquay to the sword
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Colts were emphatic 67-12 winners when they entertained Torquay on a sunny afternoon at Sidford.
The kick-off was delayed due to traffic issues in Exeter and eventually got underway at 4pm.
After several early exchanges and some powerful running from the home side they scored three unanswered tries.
Torquay fought back with some great teamwork and replied with two tries of their own following a period of sustained pressure in the closing stages of the first half.
After the break a healthy turnout of support was treated to thrills and spills a plenty with play going from one end to the other with a feature some splendid running rugby from both teams.
You may also want to watch:
It was not all running rugby though, and both teams also showed great ability in defence.
However, it was the home side who dominated as the game wore on and they were able to open up the visiting defence to score sufficient tries to put the game to bed and eventually win by a big margin.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby