Sidmouth Colts secure more success with Fords of Sidmouth Charity Sevens triumph
- Credit: Archant
Last Sunday a good crowd enjoyed the Sidmouth Rugby Club Annual Charity Sevens Tournament, sponsored by Fords of Sidmouth, played in glorious Bank Holiday sunshine, writes Terry O’Brien.
Over £400 was raised in aid of the Hospital Comforts Fund.
Six teams played in two qualifying groups of three.
The opening game was the closest contest of the afternoon, with a last minute conversion giving MKAS a 19-17 victory over the club’s veterans in the guise of S Club 7!
Both teams went on the beat The Rising Sun to progress to the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
In the other group Libra Court Legends opened with a comfortable 26-5 win over the Colts. Both teams beat Topsham to take up the remaining semi-final places.
The Colts, improving with every game, beat MKAS 38-19 to qualify for the Cup final, where they would have a rematch against Libra Court Legends, 26-17 winners over S Club 7.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
The bottom two teams played off for the Shield with Topsham prevailing over The Rising Sun by 26-12. MKAS repeated their earlier victory over S Club 7 to win the Plate. The Colts showed their superior fitness to gain revenge over Libra Court Legends and add the Sevens Cup to the Devon Colts Cup won three weeks ago.