Sidmouth Colts too strong for the River Exe Colts
Sidmouth Colts were 52-7 winners when they met the recently formed River Exe Colts, an amalgamation of Topsham and Withycombe clubs, writes Michael Horsnell.
River Exe were a bit short on players so to ensure a good game, a few willing Sidmouth players volunteered to help them out.
The game was fast with some great rugby. Sidmouth caught River Exe a bit asleep and piled on several early tries, with great strength from Reid Mawdsley. Steve the Referee managed the game well, especially as he was a last minute replacement.
River Exe fought back well and gained a try for there efforts. Strong tackling, determined running and good ball skills from many Sidmouth players made sure that any thoughts of a River Exe comeback were squashed. Sidmouth piled on the tries to finish worthy winners.
Tries were scored by; Reid Mawdsley, Aaron Thomson, James Rattue, Kyle Baker and Lucan Horsnell.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations to all the Sidmouth and River Exe players for an entertaining, good spirited game.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls