Sidmouth Coronation Foursomes success for Thompson and Renkin
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies’ played the qualifying round for the regional finals of the Coronation Foursomes, to be held at the Isle of Purbeck, Dorset, in July, writes Maria Clapp.
The winners, and therefore the club’s representatives later this year, were Margaret Thompson and Jane Renkin with 31 points.
There were three pairs with 31points so countback was required. Runners-up were Marian Thomas and Paddy Hutchings and in third place was lady captain Angela Coles and Maria Clapp.
Once again the weather was beautiful. The course was in great shape and thanks go to the hard work by the green keepers to keep the course in such good condition.
Last Friday, the Presidents team played at Honiton where they unfortunately lost with the score being eleven-and-a-half to five in favour of the home side.
You may also want to watch:
Well done, to Maria Clapp for winning her match 6 and 5. Ros Eaton halved her match, which was also a great result, as she had to play off 20 and not 24. The Presidents competition is for 20 handicappers and below.
On Monday the Sheelah Creasy team played at home against Axe Cliff. They won 5-2. Only one match was lost and two other players halved theirs This was a great win. Well done, to Susan Hackett, as this was her first match for the team. She won 2 and 1.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend